August 15 (1996, 2005)
Buckeye Butterfly

August 15, 1996

Hot weather, forever now it seems. Over the past few weeks I have concentrated upon the Coffin Diary, and have at last printed it out, and am having the first few copies made up now. It contains fifty or sixty of his photographs, and a few of my landscape renderings adorn the introduction. It is far from perfect and indeed I could do better, but must call an end for now to this long endeavor, spanning three years and more. There is only so much money to be made from such a publication as this, crudely bound photocopies of laser-printer output. Perhaps I will be able to interest some “real” publisher in it, and get some small recompense that way.

[...]

The kids and I took Dave Lawler up to the Castle Peak area to see the fossil site up there I discovered this summer. We recovered some nice leaf impressions which will become part of the U.C.B. Museum of Paleontology collections.”

[Russell Towle's journal]


August 15, 2005
Buckeye butterfly (Junonia coenia) on aster flowers


No comments:

Post a Comment